Equity Compensation Analysis, Minnesota
As our clients know, Sona means well-balanced happiness in Gaelic. Not understanding your equity compensation can throw your financial life out of balance, leading to a lower net worth. We will provide clarity giving you a clear strategy to leverage your equity-based assets.
Every client’s financial journey is unique. Sona’s goal is to make this journey well-balanced and purposeful by aligning the client's resources with their needs, values, and goals.
Equity Compensation Problems
- They are complex and strange
- Concentration risk
- Managing upside
- No integration with financial plan
- Cash flow management
- What if I leave the company?
- When do I exercise to maximize value?
- We help you understand what you have and how they work.
- We model exercise and vesting scenarios to make the most of current and future taxes.
- We integrate your equity comp cash flow into the rest of your financial plan — all your assets working together to meet your goals.
- We help you balance concentration risk with your desire to grow assets.
- We are experts at valuing your equity comp, whether for a job change or severance negotiation. We give you your Negotiating Number.
We Are Experts In
- Non-Qualified Stock Options
- Incentive Stock Options
- Restrictive Stock Units & Awards
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Stock Appreciation Rights
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) issues