The Architecture of Wealth
Podcast Show Notes – The Architecture of Wealth
6 Equity Comp Tips For Dealing With Market Volatility
Embed podcast player
Market downturns and volatility affect equity compensation more than other types of investments. Non-qualified Stock Options (NSOs) and incentive stock options (ISOs) can be particularly hard hit. Mark gives you some tools and tips to deal with these uncertain times.
Equity Compensation Mentioned:
- Non-Qualified Stock Options (NSOs)
- Incentive Stock Options (ISOs)
- Employees Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- Change expectations – Stop expecting quick cash (2:55)
- Lower stock prices – lower taxes (5:00)
- Don’t plan to use funds for day-to-day expenses (6:02)
- Ignore! Ignore! Ignore! (7:14)
- Volatility is the new normal (9:04)
- Make a plan (9:55)
Additional Resources and Thoughts
Each equity comp type has its own tax and risk profile. Make sure to consult a financial professional before acting.
Listen, rate, and subscribe!
Chanhassen, MN 55317
The Architecture of Wealth Podcast is for educational purposes only. Investment Advisory Services are offered through Sona Financial LLC (DBA Sona Wealth and Sona Wealth Management), a registered investment adviser authorized to do business in states where registered or otherwise exempt from registration. Nothing discussed during this show/episode should be viewed as investment advice. If you have questions pertaining to your specific situation, please consult your own financial professional.